Re: narduwar.

I'll admit that I felt the same way about Nardwuar for a long time. I
thought he was annoying and his interviews were just lame excuses to try
and look cool. But over the past year I've realized that he has an
irreverent sense of humour and I guess I finally caught on. I didn't like
his interview with Beck but his interview with Timothy Leary is classic.
He asked something like "So, do the guys with drugs get all the chicks?"
and TL answered with this kinda lame "Maaan, did you just use the word
chick? Maaan, you're stuck in the sixties...etc. etc."
Well, okay so it wasn't the direct quote but I can't remember exactly
what he said. Part of the interview is on Teenage Zit Rawk Angst or
whatever it's called.
Also, Nardwuar knows a lot about the Vancouver music scene. Even bands
you know he wouldn't like. I talked to him one day when I visited CITR.
He seems very neurotic and like he's had too much sugar but other than
that he's a really nice guy. He told me about every single band that Carl
Newman had been in before Zumpano. And that's a lot to know!
Anyway, I'm babbling. Quel Surprise.

						Cheers, Lisa :-)