re: the true meaning of the popx

Jeremy Harris Clarke <g56jhc\!/morgan.ucs.mun.ca> said

}my point was you emphasized how the popx was for overlooked acts and there
}is absolutely nothing overlooked by the previous mentioned non-local
}alternative rock artists.  the foo fighters are everyone's new fav band,
}everyone's heard urge overkill doing "girl.."(or if not, "sister havana"
}or "positive bleeding") and even here in NF every skeet and his/her kid
}sis loves ween's "pushin' up daisies".

Well, even though this will make me sound like the alternarock poser
that I am, I must admit I've never heard any of the songs you've
mentioned, or if I have I didn't hear a title and artist to go with
them.  I have hovever heard that gaelic-vocalised Ashley song at
least 3 times, as I listen to CBC more often than anything else.
And I like it.

Ashley would do more to drag me out to the popx than some lame
attempt at continued fame by a member of Nirvana.  Or even a member
of Sloan, for that matter.  But, for the record, I don't wear
baseball caps.

So there,
Andrew