fiddles

The Ashley thing is funny, in that despite the dance pop/gaelic tunes
with fiddle (Sleepy Maggie?) and the video for devil in the kitchen, the
celtic side of the industry in these parts still claims him as their own,
and the alternative industry does not.. though the other day in an
interview with the Record the interviewer expressed great suprise to me
that Ashley wasn't a part of the Sloan/ET/Hardship Post popX of '92...
from her point of view in T.O., its seemed like Ashley would be a natural
for hanging at the 'Deuce, drinking with the HSP, etc...

Personally, I think he should have headlined at the PopX, because he _is_
more alternative (by the strictist dictionary definition) then most of
the music in teh scene... and he has better drawing power then ANY band
that played the popX last year.

W.

 Waye Mason             : "The shooting goes well.  I borrow a .357
                        : Magnum and fire a hot slug into the forhead
  aa551\!/ccn.cs.dal.ca   : of a life sized stuffed Barney.  This brings
  P.O. Box 36082        : peace upon me.
  Halifax, Nova Scotia  :
  B3J 3S9               : Kumbaya, motherfucker."