Re: plumtree on tv?

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Michael Ligon wrote:

> I'm not sure what the TV show is and to be honest( and no I'm not trying to
> be macho) I don't watch the network, but a couple of times I've flipped
> past the station and on two separate occasions I've come across segments
> on Jale and Cub. It does make a male indie pop fan want to start watching
> the network doesn't it?

girl talk really isn't a very good show.  it's sort of advertised as
sassy magazine on tv, but it's really more like street cent$ than
anything else.  it reeks of the cbc, even though it isn't a cbc product.

trust me, i know my trash tv.

obsloannet: someone posted earlier requesting info about bands who have
done music for street cents: to my knowledge, thrush hermit, hip club
groove, entrafis and len have all been involved in some capacity or
another.  it's mighty fine cash, let me tell you.  for those of you
curious as to why there is such a high east coast content, the show is
filmed and was developed in hfx.  len are involved because video dude
mike clattenburg is head honcho for the show these days i think, or in
some large position of power, and he directed the candy pop video.  also,
ex-adinsong, house of usher, corporation, groove construction and infinite
loop eurotrash whiteboy steve comeau is doing lots of post prod for
street cents these days as well.  you should see the pictures i've seen
of him and monika deol.  whooee!

mc