Purple Blue

I guess I just wanted to say my two bits:

I wasn't crazy about this album at first....which is usually a sure
sign that something is going to grow on me, at least when it's by a
decent band like ET. Same thing happened with Twice Removed, which
I'm sure most everyone encountered. The best albums are the ones that
grow on you.....and the ones that have atmosphere to them. Purple
Blue definitely has atmosphere. A friend of mine pointed out
something interesting the other night. We were talking about the sort
of universe-space atmosphere to the disc and he said that the 4 intro
parts made this image in his head of whisking by planets, picking up
their individual "tunes" so to speak, as you cruised by. I guess you
have to have the right image in your head, but to me this seemed like
the kind of thing that just adds so much to a song (or songs in this
case)....it's just that kind of imagery.....

A couple of other notes: Thanks Tara for the run down on the ET
songs by Rick...not because I care about who wrote them, but because
of the little anecdotes. I had always wondered whether they had
REALLY recorded that track in Mark's backyward. I had been convinced
that it was a hoax...."no way...that would be too cool, rick has to be
standing there with one of those little water-bird whistles, or
something...no way...". Also: I had no idea this Rick-Julie thing
went so deep....it's totally changed my perception of the band...it's
also so close to home that it's scary....

Lastly: I am so dissapointed that Universal Dawn is about a girl
named Dawn.....I thought it went along with the Space theme....and to
be perfectly honest...Dawn is such a lame name.

    M.M.M