Re: Purple Blue

Tara Lee Wittchen <tlwittch\!/acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote

}On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Michael Damian Catano wrote:
}> On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Hank Bos wrote:
}> > the CD too.)  Another neat thing is that on the Moonsocket Ratfist 7inch, he
}> > sings in one of his song "I'm not really obsessed with Lou."  I can't wait
}>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}> whatever.  have you actually ever heard any sentridoh stuff?  chris'
}> eric's trip songs are great, and he's the nicest guy, but moonsocket
}> really does sound like lou.  totally.
}
}um...thanks for the brilliant insight, mike, but i think everyone *knows*
}this.

Only everyone who's ever listened to Lou Barlow.  I didn't know this.

}you can please some of the people some of the time...but you can never
}please mcatano\!/is.dal.ca.

"I should take it with a grain of salt.."

}ps/ polls are lame in the eyes of some. don't answer them, then. geeeezus....

No, polls are simply lame.  Especially invited polls, which do not
accurately sample a population but merely sample the fraction of the
population who can be bothered to reply.  If anyone wants to know who
the favourite ECB's of Sloannetters are, they simply need to read
the posts and count how often bands are mentioned in a positive
light.  One would likely establish a list something like this:

Eric's Trip
Sloan
Thrush Hermit
Superfriendz
Rebecca West

Which I bet is pretty close to what you'd get by asking everyone and
thumbscrewing them into an honest reply, unbiased by a daily posting
of the results.

Statistically yours,
Andrew