Stove/Smother lyrics

 "Smother is really the wickedest song of all time."-------Chris Murphy.

>    Has anybody got hte lyrics to the STOVE.   I'm deaf or
>something....all's I can hear is "My friend peter's house.....blah
>blah blah!!  'twould be appreciated!!  T
>        DEyrl
"Smother is really the wickedest song of all time."-------Chris Murphy.
Stove/Smother, an EXCELLENT TUNE covered by Sloan--- Out on DGC Rarities
Vol.1-and-CKDU release 7" other side on that is eric's trip cover of Sloan's
Laying Blame.
"Smother is really the wickedest song of all time."-------Chris Murphy.
you still wonder if you understood the way i felt about the stove
at my friend peter's house i'd wish you'd slow it down
i thought you'd listen to me
i wish you'd try to stop and show me
but you couldn't even slow it down a bit
at least for me

you still wonder if you understood the way i felt about the stove
at our friend eric's house i wish you'd leave me be
i thought you'd listen to me i wish you'd try to stop and listen
there's other ways i could get it you know, that don't you?
you know that don't you?
you know that don't you?
you know that don't you?
(fades and Smother enters at 2:22)
i saw your hair slowly die
see the colors in your hair
tangled knots out in your hair
running fingers as you swear
looking up with eager stare
red dots in as black comes out
who smells so strong, you talk about
the other girls are big nor dumb
but colored hair won't make you comb
but then they run!!!!

i watch you sigh and i watch you shout
while you struggle to get that colored mess out
and won't you help me dry my eyes? eyes!!!!!!!!
you mother tries to comb the knots out
you cry and yell while you cut your knots out
i watch you hair fall past your eyes
i saw your hair slowly die
i saw your hair slowly die
i saw your hair slowleeeeeeeeeee die!!!!!!!!
i saw your hair slowly die
watcha' listening to?
that's what i heard,
Brian not Kevin