Re: Sloan licks Twice Removed

> > Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody ever noticed the oh-so similar
> > beginings of '1,000,000' by R.E.M (off their CHRONIC TOWN EP/DEAD
> > LETTER OFFICE CD) and 'PENPALS' by none other than SLOAN? This is not

The Penpals riff also sounds a lot like "I'm Different Now" by the Jam,
unintentionally I'm sure. If you haven't heard The Jam, or forgot how
good they were like me, check 'em out. They sound great... and pretty
current with all this Brit Pop business going on. My only problem with
the Jam is that they have this totally cool mod style happening, their
suits are cool, their shoes are cool, etc. and the bass player Bruce
Foxton (I think) has the worst hockey haircut mullet you've ever seen.
Imagine like the Small Faces or some dope looking 60s mod band with
Wendell Clarke on bass. It wrecks it. Sorry to be so superficial, but it
really pisses me off when bands look like shit. I couldn't listen to
Husker Du for years just cause they were so fat and ugly (though Greg
Norton's Village People cop style does earn them some points. Ironically,
he's the only straight guy in the band!). Hopefully this grunge thing is
giving way to some more styling rockers...anyway...I shouldn't talk,
since I can't style my way out of a paper bag. But when I pay good money
to see a band, I expect to see some cool shoes and good haircuts, damn it.
					Superficially yours,
					as always,
					Trowbridge