eric's trip _purple blue_

adrian wrote:

>Hey!  Did anyone happen to tune into Realtime on CBC last Saturday?

yup, i did.  :-)

>They played five or six songs from Purple Blue.
>What they played was kind of one sided, four out of the six songs were Chris',
>not that there's anything wrong with that at all, I just wanted to hear
>some of Rick's and Julie's stuff too.

somehow i doubt that the people at RealTime can *tell the difference*
between chris' and rick's voices.  maybe chris just writes the poppiest
songs.  although if that was the criteria it's weird that they didn't
play julie's "soon, coming closer".

the songs were:

1) "sun coming up"
2) "introduction into the..." pts. 1&2
3) "now a friend"
4) "alone and annoyed"
5) "universal dawn"

>Does anyone know if Mark does a cut on the album like he did on forever again?

the opening track "introduction into the..." is actually a medley of four
tunes, one by each of the members.  first chris, then julie, then rick,
then mark (it's an instrumental of his).  they didn't play the rick and
mark parts on realtime.

>Also (stupid Question) does anyone know if what they played was the order it
>appears on the album or random?  They played Sun Coming Up, Introduction
>Songs 1and 2, Now a Friend, Alone and Annoyed, and Universal Dawn.

it was pretty random.  the actually order is as follows:

SIDE ONE
- "introduction into the..." pts 1-4
- "hourly" (rick)
- "sixteen hours" (rick)
- "universe" (rick)
- "eyes shut" (julie sings; it sounds like a rick song)
- "alone & annoyed" (chris)
- "lighthouse" (rick)

SIDE TWO
- "spaceship opening" (rick)
- "universal dawn" (chris)
- "one floor below" (rick)
- "now a friend" (chris)
- "soon, coming closer" (julie)
- "not yours" (rick)
- "sun coming up" (rick)
- "beach" (rick)

>Also, I've heard rumours of a Broken girl full length release sometime soon?
>Does anyone know anything about this?

it's going to be distributed by sub pop.
sappy are putting it out on CD and murder *might* be putting out the LP.

james

     _James R. Covey <jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca>_    sloan net is a discussion of the
 ___| | ___   __ _ _ __      _ __   ___| |_  halifax / east coast music scene
/ __| |/ _ \ / _` | '_ \    | '_ \ / __| __| [un]subscribe: jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca
\__ \ | |_| | |_| | | | |   | | | |  __| |_  to post to the list send mail to
Zedd recordZ/daydream records po box 29057 hfx shopping centre hfx NS B3L 4T8