Re: couple o things

first of all....who's gonna go see the sex pistols reunion tour? ;)

On Sat, 13 Jan 1996, Jeremy Gara wrote:

> is anyone going to post a review of the state champs/ tim robbins show ?
> just a wondering ...

well, the show started off with a solo performance by our own jim "the
pooper" (i don't know where this came from;) cooper. jim writes some
really good heartfelt songs, and really seems to get into his songs. he
played for about a half an hour or less to a seemingly appreciative
audience....no one was talking. fine show:)
then there was, well, the tim robbins experience. i don't think it was
actually as good as the show i once saw at the khyber....they seemed more
rehearsed this time, and i didn't like that so much. some of thier songs
like "countdown to the grammys" and "6 figure satallite" weren't quite as
funny reworked. mind you, "the pros and cons of living on the edge" and
"ixnay on the ezpray" were quite good! it *was* a good show, but
honestly, not as rough-edged as i'd hoped it would be.
next up were sloan net's own state "chumps"...oops..."champs";) they put
on a really good show....i wonder if they think so, seeing as some past
shows haven't gone quite so well. it was a tight set...and it was nice to
see a few older songs played like "gaited dancer", and i still think my
favorite was "the stately elms". my question is though, is jon playing
bass only now?
hmmm....okay, i guess that's it. i wanna go see the washed up pistols now!
cheers!
shant:)