Amped = French Inhale?

 I know this is stupid but i just have this desire to clog up all
your mailboxes with more trivialities :)...
  Tara DC (wheeee!) sent me a tape of Sloan rarities, which rocks,
and the first time (and second,and third...) I heard Amped I
immediately thought that the verses sound *really* similar to a
certain Thrush Hermit song...I don't know which came first or
anything... Am I crazy?

                   Probably,

                      Shanan