Re: what do these names mean?

On Tue, 27 Jun 1995, Darryll Hobson wrote:

> Just out of pointless curiosity...  does anyone know the underlying
> story behind these band names?
>
> Thrush Hermit

>From what I recall, the boys for TH were in boy scouts when they were
little... and anyway, there was some kind of camping trip or nature
lesson or something where they learned about a bird called Hermit Thrush,
and they got the name confused and mistakenly called it a Thrush
Hermit.... or something like that??  I think I saw this on City Limits or
Indie Street a long time ago when Simon Evans was still doing it....

gord

      Gord Dimitrieff             "Did you graduate from anywhere?!?"
aj734\!/freenet.toronto.on.ca                  -- Rorey Tate, Circle Researcher