Same old Flame lyrics

Hellooo,

I don't know who it was who posted the Same old Flame lyrics, but whomever it
was, did you write out the lyrics of the demo version or the 7"?  Cause I was
reading the lyrics you posted and I don't know if I've  got them wrong or if
you do or maybe I just heard it differently but there are a couple of lines
that I was wondering about.  You had: But the phone couldn't reach her/Put down
a filter/another day another week see my face.  I had always thought it was:
But the phone couldn't reach her/Burning down to the filter/another day another
week see my face.

And then the line: See yer red sky turn to black but the same old flame just
lasts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it: Cigarettes that burn too fast but the
same old flame just lasts?  I could be terribly wrong but I've listened to it
quite a few times and I don't think I'm wrong.  All the other lines looked
acurate except you had the ending saying: I've got more to say to you but I'm
afraid to follow through (fade out) when actually it does say this but then
goes on to say: Are you gonna tell me soon what the hell I'm s'posed to do
to make you feel alright and THEN fades out.  I'm still unsure about this.
Anyone who knows what the lyrics really are, I'd be interested in finding out.

Thanx, ashley