hardship post/eric's trip

Just got back from eric's trip at birdland...being a sunday night the
show ended really early (9:30) & the nasty bouncers asked everyone who
wasn't a subpop employee or member of sloan to leave :) I wish I could
remember exactly what they played b/c the 4 shows I've seen in the last 2
weeks have kind of melded together...smother & warm girl were added, by
request, as the encore...16 hours is another great new song (tara lee
mentioned lighthouse)...i'm so near here, my room...I was kind of jumping
up and down in a daze so I don't remember exactly what was played...the
crowd was pretty still til the inevitable 1 person started pushing another
& then the floor turned into a mass of flailing bodies. It was definately
1 of the mightiest et shows I've seen...I'm so tired...
(also just wanted to mention too that I was very impressed by the motes sat
night...apparently it was their very 1st real show...they have much more
energy live than on their tape)

ANd about hardship post...saw them at the row instore sat & felt very
badly for having dissed them here a couple of days before...the songs are
starting to grow on me & mike's "I'm an idiot" speech in the middle of
"my secret" was hilarious...some kids got seb to sign their
skateboards...guess we'll never hear the hack & mood ring stuff again b/c
it was "just a phase" they grew out of (it was just as james had said but
we had to find out for ourselves :)