Re: A Potpourri of Topics...

Hi kids of sloan net,

On Sat, 3 Jun 1995, Joyce Linehan wrote:

> jale are planning to tour across Canada this summer.  I ahven't seen a
> list of the cities they plan on visiting.  As soon as I get dates, we'll
> post them.

I was talking to Jenny Pierce last night at the Eric's Trip show and she
said they will be hitting the Prairies sometime mid-August with (most
likely) the Inbreds and the Super Friendz. She said she was very excited
to be hitting that part of the country because they've never been there.
So ya'll better tell all yer friends to go...

Oh, and about that Super Friendz cassette. Tara DC (hardcore chick :) )
was responding about song titles and said maybe to list song titles or
something.

10 lbs (the best song they've ever written, they might make a country
line dancing video for it...that MIGHT be a joke... heh heh... ) :)
Karate Man
Undertow
Down In Flames
Dear Old Ireland
Restricted
Come Clean (a different version than the single)
  (by different I mean better)
Rescue Us From Boredom
Fireflies
Kiss The Land
Stone Alone
You'd better Call
When They Paid Me
One Day

plus a secret unlisted track at the end. It is very good, it's quite
varied the styles of music they play. It's hard to pin them down as one
type of thing. I guess that has a lot to do with the fact MAtt, Drew, and
Charles all write and even amongst their own individual songs they write
different kinds of songs.

More boring gossip. I read in Exclaim that sloan has been officially
dropped from DGC. Hmmm...I asked Colin about that, he wasn't too sure. I
also asked Jay F. about that, and he wasn't exactly sure what the band's
status with DGC was at this point in time.

Eric's Trip last night at Birdland was soooooo amazing. Half the set was
new songs like Lighthouse which ruled. They played "Sunlight", "My Room",
"Your Always Right", "Feeling Around", "So Near Here", "Warm Girl",
"Viewmaster", "Girlfriend", "new love", and tonnes more that I can't even
remember. They were magic and beautiful and so great and Rick isn't as
tall as I thought he'd be. Julie is so spacey and nice. Mark is the best
Drummer EVER. :)

I have to go now, they're playing at Birdland in about another hour. I am
happier than I ever thought I could be. Hope you are all having a good
month of June. :) :)

Love
Tara Lee

--