Re: thruster at cafe ole

On Sun, 28 May 1995, Emily Vey Duke wrote:

> Throwing torn up porno magazines into the audience at a rock music show
> is stupid and makes every woman in the audience and every woman who hears
> about it feel locked out of the music.  Clearly the music is not intended
> to include women in its audience if the role women are presemted with is
> demarkated in that way.  The message is this:  Women are to be first
> sexualized BY MEN and then ridiculed BY MEN.  That is not the way I want
> to see myself.

Hell yeah!  And _Thruster_...what kinda phallic/mysogynistic crap name is
that?  I mean, what the hell so they think they're doing; _torn up_
pornos?  Like that's actually some kind of message or something.  And
anyone who paid to see that show, supporting a band with no morals or
respect like that; why, they oughtta be locked up too.

Jeez...lighten up.  Remember that children will be children, and there
ain't much you can do about it.  Go pick on Stinkin' Rich or something.

PS Any Halifax-area Sloan-netters who want somewhere to put all that
vinyl you got in those old milk crates; we cleaned out the basement of
the place I'm renting, and found a beatiful chrome LP rack.  Three feet
high, holds _150_ albums (from when that term meant the real thing).
Stacks `em diagonally, no less.  Very chic.  Very cool.  Very 80's.

Free to the first one to mail me.