More on Alyson's breakout from Jale

After I transcribed part of the article, I found the
whole thing on Daily News On-Line on CCN/CFN....
So here it goes..........
                            Adam

Drummer breaks from jale

By ANDY PEDERSEN -- The Daily News

Jale's Alyson MacLeod, frustrated with her limited
role as the band's drummer, has left to pursue other projects.
"It's sometimes difficult with four songwriters in the band,
and I've decided I want to pursue my own thing," explained
MacLeod, 27. "It was a really hard decision, but sometimes your
heart dictates what you have to do." MacLeod said the split was
amicable and she is still on friendly terms with jale's remaining
three members. "I'm filled with a great sense of relief, but I'm
also really sad about it," she said. "But I have no regrets, and I
won't have any regrets about it." Jale's manager, Colin MacKenzie,
said the band is looking for a new drummer and plans to continue
with its four-record deal with the Seattle-based label, SubPop.

Tour cancelled

"From what I can tell they're (SubPop) disappointed, but they're
still interested in the band continuing on their label," he said.
Jale has decided to cancel a cross-Canada tour in July and August,
but MacKenzie said the band is still planning to begin recording
its next full-length album in September and October. An EP the band
recently recorded for Murderecords - with MacLeod on drums - is
being released in July. MacKenzie said the band is seriously thinking
about recruiting a male drummer to replace MacLeod."They are feeling
some draw towards finding a guy," he said. "They're just so sick of
this `all-girl' band thing."

Teamed up with Lippa

MacLeod has started working on her new project, teaming up with
Hardship Post guitarist Sebastian Lippa. The two traded their usual
instruments, with MacLeod playing guitar and Lippa drums. "We've
been working together since Christmas; I'm pretty excited about
it," said MacLeod. "I'm writing lots of songs that are fairly
personal. It's kind of therapeutic for me." The two are planning
to make some four-track recordings through the summer, and perhaps
play a couple of shows. They don't seem to be sure of the band's
name yet, though. Lippa is calling it Speedo Internationale;
MacLeod said it's Speed-O. Lippa said the work he is doing with
MacLeod won't have any effect on his involvement with Hardship Post;
the band is still together and planning a tour of Canada and the
U.S. in July and August. "We're not that far along. I'm playing
drums and she's playing guitars, so we're still kind of getting
used to our instruments," he said. "So Hardship Post is still
everything for me."

___
the first time i saw her lifeless body floating |    Adam Rodenhiser
over me, i couldn't  believe it, so beautiful i |    "Fan From Hell"
couldn't  move up  another  stair  towards her. |   dWIGHT fRY 6X9=42
she's coming closer...                          |  ac768\!/cfn.cs.dal.ca
             -the meeting- by rickey            | Sappy Music Is Better