Date: Fri, 07 Apr 1995 23:56:00 +0900
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJV8hPCUsJXMhISVaJWohPBsoQg==?= <PXQ00230\!/niftyserve.or.jp>
To: 73531.1626\!/compuserve.com, g956708\!/yamata.icu.ac.jp,
    tlwittch\!/acs.ucalgary.ca
Subject: art schol

Anyone want to see the essay I wrote ffor my application to the Nova
Scotia College of Art? Tey specified only "more than one paragraph."
WELCOME to art school.

I have always wanted to art. To art has been a goal of mine since I was
small. I arted with things that I found around the house: my father's
bongo drums, the walls, broken glass, the cat. Often my arting caused
problems within the family.

When I was old enough, I art with friends of mine in more socially
acceptable ways. I arted T-shirts, photos, and paintings. I arted publicly in
several exhibitions. Occasionally I got some arting money for it.

Currently I am not doing any public arting. I live in Japan and am teaching
English. Occasionally I make stick drawings on the board to to illustrate
grammar points. I art only in the privacy of my own home. Arting is not
considered an appropriate activity for teachers in Japan.

As my contract in Japan comes to an end, I have been pondering my
choices. I have decided that I would like to art in an environment
structured around arting. I have arted mostly alone, so my formal
understanding is limited. I want to expand my understanding of media
and explore new methods and processes. As a graduate of  Women's
Studies I am interested in art as a potentially activist pursuit, as well as a

means of self-expression. I want to attend the Nova Scotia College of Art to
expand my knowledge and to immerse myself in a community of people
who are interested in doing the same.

---------------

There it is. Too goofy? I dunno. I'll think about it. One of the other parts o
f the application (where you have to do drawings to send them):

Draw, from life, not a photo, a picture of one of the following:
a. your own face
b. a cross section of a cabbage or cauliflower.

How am I supposed to take THAT?!

Hee hee....and if anyone thinks this was a waste of space, take your
complaints to James  "and then I punched him in the face" Covey,
*beloved* listmanagerboy, and ask him to have me physically removed from
sloan net. :)

LOVE (and I mean it)
Tara ----> the *silly* one