blackpool

A couple of people have asked about the various lineups so I'm going to try
to do this from memory...so correct (or ignore) me if you want to...:)

 circa 1989 the band consisted of john wesley chisholm (guitar&vocals),chip
sutherland (drums),phil sedore(guitar&vocal) &tracy stevens(bass)...during
the recording of the 1st lp "cemetaries" (an indep release 1990? which I
think is no longer available) tracy left & was replaced by bruce worrall...

 in early 1990, after the breakup of kearney lake rd, chris murphy replaced
bruce on bass (sometime during the summer) & "we the living" was
recorded, it was distributed by mca at 1 time but now I don't know...sloan
began in early 91 & chris remained with blackpool til only later that yr...

 "the seahorse" was released in 92 on Ground Swell...only jwc remained
fr the original black pool...new band members were matt murphy(guitar),dave
marsh(drums),tim brennan(bass),catherine mckinnon(violin)....the 1995
lineup features lukas pearse(bass),benn ross(drums),phil sedore(keyboards
sometimes),jwc & maybe someone else....they've recorded & new material
should be out shortly...

the sloan issue of the coast fr last summer has a really great band family
tree b/c bands in hfx (like anywhere else i guess) tend to trade members
pretty frequently...........
 hope this helps/bores the heck out of you all :)..................kat

PS re gossip mongering loser ? : I think matthew has got to be matt murphy
b/c I know he went away to california around the time "i am the cancer" was
written & he & chris were/are fairly good friends. I would think alyson is
alyson fr jale b/c the time frame for that is right too. Of course I had to
answer that 1, eh...:)

 "today the rain falls on me,21 weeks how long could that be..." -the criss
   part of "we the living"
 "smokey umbrella covered factory town.." -almost every blackpool song