Maybe it doesn't matter...but

	I am going to school in the U.S. (baseball)... {from SASK}, and am
very pissed at the fact that our Canadian bands get virtually no
recognition as being "up to snuff" by American standards.  When I play
bands like SLOAN, THE HIP, TEA PARTY (-the list of outstanding CANADIAN
music is just too long)...for my friends here, they love it.  Why is it
that popular U.S. bands can have their music played and sold in Canada,
but only someone like Bryan Adams can in the U.S.  On SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
last weekend, the Tragically Hip created a magic that was undescribable,
yet no one here has heard of them.  It's criminal.  Can bands like
SLOAN, have videos on MTV, or is there some communist law against
them...maybe they are afraid our bands would rule their airwaves, truly
showing that the north creates the best music around.  I guess it doesn't
really matter what the U.S. thinks...but the increased revenue for
Canadian bands can only be a benefit.

			Any insight?

				B.L.