and birdland used to be....

In 1985 the brunswick hall/birdland space was occupied by the odeon
ballroom (I found a copy of the old ckdu agenda fr april 85 this am which
has an add for the odeon which reads "all dressed up & no where to go...the
odeon gets you out"...the tradition continues I guess:)...as a venue for
"alternative" live music it only existed very briefly (less than a yr I
think...39 steps did play there but I wasn't old enough to see them)...then
it became the surf club...
....................................kat,queen of useless info about halifax

PS cbc tv is showing the vacant lot tonight at 1am...interesting only for
the appearance of allison outhit fr rebecca west on guitar in the band
with the male singerat the "scary punk club" & the use of the
khyber blg as the aging musician's house...the movie itself is terrible...

PPS the inbreds split 7" sold during the shows this weekend...available
thru mailorder? I'd like to get my hands on 1 if possible....