Re: de, not du

Michael Damian Catano <mcatano\!/is.dal.ca> offered:

}"du" basically means a peice of the whole, like "i want a peice of cake"
}or something like that.  since sloan net does not represent the entirity
}of sloan's fanbase (thank god for that) it is appropriate to say "du".

Nyet!  Then it's appropriate to say "Des Ami(e)s de Sloan".  We're part of
the friends of Sloan, we're not friends of part of Sloan (except for those
of us who think Pat smokes and drinks too much:)

Enough bickering, though.  I thought the idea was that it *should* be bad
french!