al tuck/more sloannet meetings?

guess i don't feel so bad about not making it to rebecca west sat
night...at least john wesley of blackpool cancels a show when he's not up
to it (re the birdland performances the same night). al tuck was really
great...song titles are kinda escaping me at the moment but he played a lot
of stuff fr arhoolie & a cover that i didn't recognize...lots o
harmonica & hillbilly tunes...people were dancing! tracy (the bass player
who is notorious for his look of boredom) was smiling! al was laughing!
phil sedore was smoking! leonard conan were plagued with muddy sound so i
didn't enjoy them as much as i had at the ckdu funding drive benefit.
Mucheast was there...the oasis sloannet posse was prevented fr entering by
the evil birdland bouncers (something to do with an id?) so i guess another
meeting wasn't to be tho we did get to see the eternally cool marc brown &
his friend. oh well. is anyone coming down for jale?

about the criss appearance in the hardship post vid (mentioned a while
ago...sorry)...i seem to remember he & jenny pierce of jale being cajoled
into sitting right next to the band during the 2nd run thru of my only
aim...i was standing right next to amanda of plumtree but all you can see
are bits of my hair flying in the way of the camera (they didn't include
the guy hanging fr the waterpipe on the ceiling either!)..............kat

 "I'm a cleaner, not a musician..."  -mike j at the "very last thruster
                                      show ever",birdland thursmar16