Re: spine on muchmusic

Emily Vey Duke <af408\!/cfn.cs.dal.ca> noted:

}fuckin boys boys boys.  I have to tell you that women are smarter and
}more interesting and that a woman would be vastly more succesfull as Much
}East host (ie Jen Budney, Lana from Mars we love you, Laura Borealis if
}she would quit her stint as an expatriot, Alison Outhit, Alison from
}Jale, Shelley from decent management, Amanda from plumtree, Siloen Daley,
}etc etc)

Well, I'm afraid I don't know half the names on this list, but I will say
that Alison Outhit would be a great choice (especially since she can't
seem to find a use for that expensive law degree).  Laura certainly has
the artistic abilities but I know little of her journalistic talents.
The other Allison strikes me as too shy, but I don't know her so I say
this with a grain of salt.

In fact I'd add Anna Dirksen from Street Cents and Mike Clattenburg's co-
host on That Damn Cable Show (sorry, it's been a few years and her name
escapes me) to the list.

I guess I just am super sick of having so much fucking
}territory in MY world, not just the world of, like, medicine or high
}finance or science and technology,marked off as not where I can go easily
}or succeed as a woman.

Whoa!  I think you're jumping to a big conclusion there.  It's unfortunate
that there were no women on Mr. Catano's list but I don't think he
deliberately discriminated.  Perhaps he was drawing from a group that is
unfortunately skewed to the male side but that's not his fault.  I don't
deny that these artificial barriers exist but I don't think that one was
being raised here.