Re: Alleged superiority of vinyl

For anyone who cares Live at Five is supposed to have a feature story
today on the resurgence of vinyl in Halifax.  Like they'll tell us
anything we don't already know...

And we've had the whole tech discussion before about how digitized music
doesn't get every last frequency (but not in the way earplugs don't). So
vinyl really is better if you've got a damn good turntable and you take
care of your vinyl and you don't mind the hiss and crackle.  I kinda like
the hiss and crackle.  Robert Johnson sounds weird in digital.  And forget
cassettes!  The number of tapes I have which got eaten or which fade in and
out, and tape decks with misaligned heads that you can't balance left and
right or which play the other track backwards in the background.  And 18-
page inlay cards whose pictures are still too small to enjoy.

Bleahhhh!