[no subject]

>From hobson Tue Mar  7 15:36:19 1995 remote from nyquist
Subject: Re: pillow fight lyrics
To: JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca (James R. Covey)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 15:36:19 -0700 (MST)
Sender: hobson

Okay, this is my stab at it...  I put the changes to James' message in
square brackets.

>PILLOW FIGHT
>
>if you start a pillow fight i don't want to get involved
>you're so restless, i need my rest just please leave me alone
>this [event] will go unresolved, as have all the rest
>[save your feathers] i'm so [drowsy] so i'm saving you my breath
>
>'cause i've been thinking about it lately,
>i know i've been put to the test
>'cause i've been thinking about you lately...
>
>you keep a journal, everybody knows my thoughts sit in my head
>if i put them down in words i couldn't bear to have them read
>i never had a thing to say and i can't make up my mind
>that's my excuse right now, it's my [usual rhyme]
>
>but i've been thinking about it lately
>i feel that i've been wasting time
>i've a feeling about you lately
>
>it's the hardest thing to do
>just getting back at you
>not something i want to do
>just tell me when you're through
>it's the hardest thing to do
>just getting back at you
>not something i want to do
>just getting back at you
>
>if you start a pillow fight i'll [just] thank my lucky stars
>if i remember to close my door instead of keeping it ajar
>this [event] will go unresolved, as have all the rest
>[save your feathers] i'm so [drowsy] and i'm saving you my breath
>
>but i've been thinking about it lately
>i know i'm dumb sometimes
>but i've been thinking about you lately
>i'm know i'm dumb sometimes
>but i've been thinking about it lately
>i'm know i'm dumb sometimes
>but i've been thinking about you

Well, I'm 99.9% sure that those are the right words..  actually, no, I'm
entirely sure.

This is kinda "childsplay-ish" if you compare it to the arduous task of
figuring out what's said in the monolog at the end of "Before I Do"...

anyone want to take a stab at building-on/fixing this:

Before I Do
-----------

There's no more fame to address
did you impress
in all fairness yes
so just cancel my game, if it's all the same to you

I've had clear thoughts
tied in black and blue knots
but you remember that I forgot
to track them down, to track you down
track me down

call me if you need my help
to watch you - help me! help you

I've tried it all before     < I've had good times >
and it's not alot of laughs  < my best one yet >
and there's a hole in my heart

you carried your vice twice
like a basket full of roses and the
pearly gate now closes with you inside.

How should I drink to this
my trains been stalled for ages and
this means me standing still with a
first class ticket
so stick me with it, I'll stick with it

I'm usually in mourning         < I've had good times >
in the afternoon and night      < my best one yet >
otherwise I'm asleep            < I never had enough time >
At least I've got a lot of room
and the alarm is set for noon   < to play you my 'love you' set >
and it's going to go off
before I do                     < I've had good times >

< so he was in this, this hospital
  checkin out the phone he misunderstood
  and I was speakin firm, very talkatively at the time
  and he was walking around with a dress on
  totally dressed with, with his arm down
  and he said, I dunno what I'm doing here
  I'm a business man
  he didn't come and tell me
  they totally misunderstood me you know
  this is a whole, whole mistake here
  this is a whole fuckin mistake
  but I can't explain it and they don't wanna listen to me
  you know, you know this
  no they didn't, they didn't listen to me, you can't help it
  I couldn't explain it, but business is business
  and then there's fuckin this other time
  this fucken town, they didn't wanna let me out
  they didn't wanna let me telephone you directly
  these bastards,
  these bastards stuck me in here and I wanted to talk to my lawyer
  now I'm totally pissed, man
  you're the first guy I've met since I, since I got here
  now what, what should I do?
  look, maybe you can help me out here
  maybe you can get me out of here
  the hell with the girl
  I don't care who you are
  I run 10 kilometers a day
  and they put me down for a nice, nice long stay
  anyway now I'm here for a while now
  you know, I'll just have a good time
  ... >

I think there's about 10 or 20 lines left...  and then there's the issue
of whether or not what I've currently done is right...

Does anyone know if they same the same things when they perform this song
live?  Or is it just random talk?

gotta fly,
me

oh!  TLW:  the tapes are 'trez geek'!