ECMA's and Rebecca West

Here is part of the Daily News Acticle on the ECMA's
It might give an reason for the guy saying sorry about the
lack of a fiddle in Eric's Trip.

by David Rodenhiser

   Later, Club Capri presented a roster of bands with a more aggressive
   edge. Yarmouth's Purple Helmets tore up the stage, and then P.E.I.'s
   Roy Johnstone kept the crowd jumping with his rollicking fiddle-led
   rock.

   But the audience's mood made a sudden and unexpected U-turn when the
   alternative trio Rebecca West took the stage. In Halifax, Rebecca West
   is one of the hottest acts going, but in Sydney the group went over
   like the proverbial lead balloon.

   The band felt the crowd's dead vibe by the end of its first song.
   Vocalist/guitarist Allison Outhit sarcastically apologized, saying the
   band had lost its fiddle player earlier that day. Even the band's
   indie hit, Sick, didn't create a stir.

   Eventually, Outhit decided to throw in the towel, saying the band
   would cut short its set because the members "felt tired after our long
   drive."

    With that, the band blasted into a frenzied, angry grunge jam, with
   bassist Stephen Outhit attacking his instrument with a butterknife.
   The crowd was glad to see the band go, but EMI representative Barry
   Kent later commented that Rebecca West's hostile farewell number
   "electrified him." Me too.

___
"BuT I doN't wanT to go aMonG Mad peoPle," AliCe    |   Adam Rodenhiser
remarKeD. "OH, YOU caN't heLp THat," saiD THe CaT.  |   "Fan From Hell"
"We'Re aLL MaD HeRe. I'm MaD, YoU'Re MaD." "How dO  |  dWIGHT fRY 6X9=42
You KNow i'M MAD?" saiD AliCe. "YOu Must Be," sAid  | ac768\!/cfn.cs.dal.ca
tHE CaT, "oR You wOULdn't Have COme Here."          |     TAKE OFF!!
- Lewis Carroll, 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' |    YOU HOSER!!!