Re: ECMA's and Rebecca West

In message Wed, 15 Feb 1995 00:29:27 -0400 (AST),
  Michael Damian Catano <mcatano\!/is.dal.ca>  writes:

> On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, Adam S Rodenhiser wrote:
>

>> by David Rodenhiser
>>       But the audience's mood made a sudden and unexpected U-turn when
>>  the     alternative trio Rebecca West took the stage. In Halifax,
>>  Rebecca West     is one of the hottest acts going, but in Sydney the
>> group went over     like the proverbial lead balloon.
>>

> apparantly mr. rodenhiser was soooo inebriated by the time ms. outhit and
> co. took the stage that he was barely able to stand.  perhaps he had been
> hit by the lead balloon.
>

>>     With that, the band blasted into a frenzied, angry grunge jam, with
>>      bassist Stephen Outhit attacking his instrument with a butterknife.
>>      The crowd was glad to see the band go, but EMI representative Barry
>>      Kent later commented that Rebecca West's hostile farewell number
>>      "electrified him." Me too.
>>

> the bassist was mr. Lukas Pearse.  maybe ol' davey boy was too drunk to
> read his press pack.
>
> mike "buckeye news hawk" catano
>

>>   ___
>>    "BuT I doN't wanT to go aMonG Mad peoPle," AliCe    |   Adam
>>  Rodenhiser  remarKeD. "OH, YOU caN't heLp THat," saiD THe CaT.  |
>>  "Fan From Hell"  "We'Re aLL MaD HeRe. I'm MaD, YoU'Re MaD." "How dO  |
>>  dWIGHT fRY 6X9=42  You KNow i'M MAD?" saiD AliCe. "YOu Must Be," sAid
>>  | ac768\!/cfn.cs.dal.ca  tHE CaT, "oR You wOULdn't Have COme Here."
>>  |     TAKE OFF!!  - Lewis Carroll, 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' |
>> YOU HOSER!!!

Mr.Rodenheiser, maybe you should've gone to the cool shows where less hot
air was being blown, at the Lyceum, I know you heard about them, Rebecca
West was talked about all night, just like all non-Sydney bands (although
they were talked about to great length too)... sorry you missed the cool
side of us up here...Ian