RE: Yikes

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, James R. Covey wrote:

> so, um, i guess the "overactive imagination,"
> th-th-that, that would be me.  :-)

I felt that the Hearld seemed kind of harsh on "Sloan.net".
All we do is gossip and spread false stories, where as they
only print the truth, after finding out afterwards:)

> apparently the herald is scrambling to find
> out what's going on after getting scooped by
> the daily news again.

I think I should take the blame/credit for the Daily News
article, I was talking to my brother on the phone, actually
about Rebecca West, and something like, "Now that Sloan is
breaking up RW is the best band in Halifax."  Later he calls
me back looking for Chris' phone #, after talking to Patrick.

> too bad they still
> haven't figured it out!  you know, you'd
> think someone at the herald could at least
> do as the daily news did and give me the
> courtesy of a phone call before swallowing
> chip sutherland's version hook line and
> sinker and pinning *us* as the source of
> this rumour.  not to mention calling us
> "Sloan.net".  that's unforgivable.  :-)

What is the OFFICIAL notation for the net?
your(James') sig has "sloan net", but I usually
write it as "SloanNet" , is that close enough:-)

>      _James R. Covey <jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca>_    sloan net is a discussion of the
>  ___| | ___   __ _ _ __      _ __   ___| |_  halifax / east coast music scene
> / __| |/ _ \ / _` | '_ \    | '_ \ / __| __| [un]subscribe: jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca
> \__ \ | |_| | |_| | | | |   | | | |  __| |_  to post to the list send mail to

Also note that the sig^^ say "sloan net is a discussion of the
HALIFAX/EAST COAST music scene" not just sloan as the Hearld says.

                                        enough ranting for now
                                                   Adam R