Houston's Sloan

So friday night I was excited to see a flier that said SLOAN playing at one of
the clubs here in Houston Saturday night. Though I thought it was probably a
stretch to hope that it was the REAL sloan, but I went anyways to see who could
dare appropriate the name. They weren't half bad, of course that means they
weren't half good either. But they weren't sloan.

 Jay Lyall "Capy Toad Blast"            "I'd never belong to a club that
 hist1a\!/jetson.uh.edu                     would have me as a member."
                                                 --Groucho Marx
 "Some things come in,
  Some things come out,                  "Excuse me but did you just order
  And next time round                         a five dollar shake?"
  I'll be a trout.		                 --Vincent Vega
         --Robyn Hitchcock