Re: the halifax explosion of 1917

Michael Ball <ballm\!/gov.on.ca> puts it all in perspective with this:

}On Wed, 20 Jul 1994, Andrew P. Rodenhiser wrote:
}> I've never understood why our disaster story is not as interesting as ...
}> ... America's countless earthquakes, tornados, forest fires, or even that
}> stupid cow that burned down Chicago
}One word: class
}Lest we forget...
}  Michael

Ah yes, class.  I'd forgotten about that.  Perhaps that's how I'll answer
the next time I'm asked how Canadians differ from Americans :)

       "I should have signed with Disney!   They would never
       have allowed this sort of thing to happen"--Dictabird
Andrew P. Rockenhiser, Ph.D. Candidate RODENHISER\!/CHEM1.CHEM.DAL.CA
Shalehousie University, Hollyrock, N.S., Canada   APRODEN\!/AC.DAL.CA
       *No dinosaurs were harmed in the making of this .sig*