This sttitude thing

Oops, I mean attitude thing.

I don't want some corporate lackey licking my ass when I walk in the door, but
a simple "Hi, can I help you?" would be nice.  There's nothing wrong with the
employees "just hanging out" as Mike Price said, but when it becomes the
priority of the store - to give some people a place to be paid to do jack -
then it's a problem.  Take the Green Bean, for instance, the clerks there will
always come over and ask if they can get you anything, if you don't know then
they'll either come back later or ask you to just give a shout when you're
ready to order.  It has a nice, relaxed feel to it, but you're getting served.
That's the point of a store: to provide a service.

Mike