yes, hard to believe i know,
but this post is actually about...
*drum roll*
SLOAN!

the guys are still down in new york --
they have finished recording the album.
they are now mixing it.

tentative release date -- august 4

apparently jenny (from jale) sang backup
on one of the songs again, as she did for
*smeared* (she was flown down to new york
expressly for this purpose...)

get this though -- jay reports to
murderecords director colin mackenzie:
one of the songs is nearly ten minutes
long and is mostly piano!  apparently
this is a song contributed by andrew...
says colin:  "he's the art school student!"

they plan to be finished mixing in time
to attend the toronto murderecords showcase
on march 16 which will feature al tuck,
thrush hermit, hardship post, and eric's trip.

james

James R. Covey         Out on the road today I saw a Sub Pop sticker on a Subaru
<jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca>    A voice inside my head said yuppies smell teen spirit too
Department of English  I though I knew what love was, but I was blind
Dalhousie University   Those days are gone forever, whatever, nevermind...
Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5                                             - Rob Sheffield