DERIVATIVE CATALOGUE

here it is, kids, the latest catalogue from the
other coolest label in the world...
derivative!!

happy ordering, and remember, tell 'em sloan net sent ya!

derivative stuff.

duh001-shadowy men on a
shadowy planet - "Take outs"                   7"
our firstborn...2 exclusive tracks from
a band that doesn't believe in bothering
with a vocalist.

duh002- Trenchmouth/Bliss                     7"
it's a split....One from the Windy
city, one from the city of Saints.
Difficult music for difficult people.

duh003 - Bite - 'because girls would
love to have a friend to dance with..."  cassette        sold out
six songs of twee with teeth, from four
'not of the boy persuasion'

duh004 - Belly Button Lint - "the fist fur"   cassette
actually the fist eight...pre-pubPestence.
Kevin and Patti acting out, pretending
to have a band.

duh005 - The Good Cookies                cassette
a fine batter of sweet and sour losercore.
We think Howe Gelb should know about
them.

duh006 - Jale - "Sort of Grey"            7"
Two crispy ditties from Halifax's
garage pop divas. co-release with
cinnamon toast...

duh007 - Pest - "...plays no. 817 The Visible Trout"          cassette
five songs, five people. Proud to be sucky,
wussy, dorky and raucous. Cuddlecore with
a predilection for s&m.

duh008 - Chicken Milk - "Live in Spane"
a most refreshing beverage from Toronto.    cassette           sold out
Chunky pop songs that twist and turn
around wailing guitars and alluring harmonies.

duh009 - Spool - "Pieces of Post"           cassette
Rambunctious, ramshackle, you can hear
the cliches unraveling. Four boys from
London Ontario who deserve to rool.

duh010 - Bite -  "Canker"                             7"
the leap from cass to vinyl made easy. 3
tracks, on baby blue vinyl.

duh011 - Eric's Trip  - "warm girl"              7"
flannelly 8 track basement mayhem,
from the Moncton Four.  5 on clear
vinyl.

also: in april Pest will release a seven inch on boston's Harriett
label...all covers hand silkscreened in a variety of wonderful hues. songs:
philosophically dyslexic, kitchen sink, blister.  4 dollars through
derivative.

Look for the first installment of the pet series cassettes. 'Booger' (a
shihtzu) should be ready by early May...weird collectable little things they
will be.

PRICES: SEVEN INCHERS - 4 DOLLA
CASSETTES - 6 DOLLA

PLEASE ADD A DOLLA FOR POSTAGE AND 'HANDLING''

derivative records
po box 42031
montreal, que.
canada
h2w 2t3
CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS TO P.SCHMIDT
OR WELL CONCEALED CASH.

The fine Print:

Dear Derivative Customer
You are obviously an individual of discriminating taste. You, are most
certainly a person of exceptional refinement, one who accepts nothing less
than perfection in your audio selections. A derivative record is a very fine
thing. Not only it is a beautiful object - it sounds nifty too. Treat it with
love, and we assure you, it will return the favour.
Having chosen the seven inch, ever the choice of the digitally impaired, you
have made a choice against nature. This derivative slab of polyethylene is
not biodegradable. But that's ok, because you have no reason to use it as
landfill, put it in the oven, melt it down and impress your friends with
ashtrays that you''ve made them from a record collection that has become
obsolete because you foolishly sold your record player, or which you might
feel compelled to burn (thus releasing toxic fumes into the atmosphere) .We
guarrantee that with derivative records, you will not feel obliged to purge
yourself using any of the above tactics.
Write us letters, send us candy.
Pat, Patti, Kevin.

James R. Covey        I've seen "Fever" and I've seen "Rain".
<jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca>   I've seen "Justify My Love" that I thought would never end
Department of English I've seen "Live To Tell" when I could not find a friend
Dalhousie University  But I always thought I'd see Madonna again.
Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5                                             - Rob Sheffield