the new THRUSH HERMIT

the new thrush hermit *smart bomb* hits the streets march 4...

this is just a first-listen review, but...

the new ep *rocks* (you were expecting lisa lougheed?)...
the new version of "pink is the colour" has that new led-zeppish ending...
"hated it" is on there -- maybe with a little *too* much sweetening...
i personally like the rougher live versions...
"french inhale" is that song that sounds like they're singing
"french in hell" :-)  (maybe they should take a cue from national velvet
"sasperilla/sex gorilla" and change the name... just a thought...)
anyways that is really rockin as is "radio blaster" (kind of the
ultimate FM-rock-wannabe anthem)...
the most original-sounding song is, i think "all dressed up"...
it sounds quite different from the *john boomer* songs...
an interesting twist for these guys...
i don't know about the remake of "cott"... the vocals are much
better but at first listen i don't like the instrumentation as
much...  anyways... still an enviable product for these guys to
be touring on...  yer all gonna love it...  lyrix R cool as usual...

my one unfulfilled wish is that i thought for some reason that
"ex-wife's vcr" or whatever it's called was gonna be on this one...
oh well...  y'all should be stampeding to record stores march 4...

7 songs on CD and tape and a bonus 8th on vinyl
(this is murder's first vinyl i think)

james

James R. Covey         Out on the road today I saw a Sub Pop sticker on a Subaru
<jrcovey\!/ac.dal.ca>    A voice inside my head said yuppies smell teen spirit too
Department of English  I though I knew what love was, but I was blind
Dalhousie University   Those days are gone forever, whatever, nevermind...
Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5                                             - Rob Sheffield