top albums and other stuff

yikes, just got back from exciting PEI only to find out about all the stuff
I missed.  Damn.  So now I'll offer my no doubt annoying opinions on some of
the stuff I missed.  Okay, first of all the idea of complaining about what
other people did or did not put on their list of favorites is kind of silly.
It's all personal opinion.  Having said that, why the hell didn't anyone
include Frank Black in their list?  :)

The comparison between Plumb Tree and Shonen Knife is pretty good considering
the lyrics, but I honestly think that the "high school women" are much better
musicians.  Technically speaking, Plum Tree is one of the best bands in Hafilax
All they need is a good vocalist.....

Although I have never heard Strawberry play, I know that they must really suck.
Because they are from PEI.

I'm very relieved to hear that I'm not the only person that finds the Quahogs
sort of boring.  For a while there I thought I was a freak.  But their ep
looks really cool hanging on my wall.

Who was the person that mentioned that they had transcribed the Brave New
Waves interview?  Can you send me a copy?  Thanks a lot.

Is the bubaiskull tape  (Drive By Suicide?) still available anywhere?  I
havn't been able to find it anywhere.

"Sloan" is as good a name for the mailing list as anything.  Leave it the way
it is.

If anyone is interested, here's my top ten list of albums that I bought this
year:

1.  Frank Black
2.  PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
3.  The Breeders - Last Splash & cannonball e.p.
4.  Hector Berlioz - Symphonie Fantastique
5.  Nirvana - In Utero
6.  Sarah McLachlan -  Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
7.  Buffalo Tom - Let Me Come Over
8.  Eric's Trip - Love Tara
9.  Nigel Kennedy -  Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D
10. Donald Fagan - Kamakiriad
11. Pearl Jam - Vs.
12. Leonard Conan - Pub Slop e.p.
13. U2 - Zooropa
14. Les Gluetones - ugly 45

Guilty Pleasure:

Genesis - The Lamn Lies Down on Broadway

Things I would have bought if I had the money:

1. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
2. Lemonheads - Come Feel Evan Dando
3. Sugar - beaster
4. A bunch of other disks that I can't think of right at the moment

That's all.  Sorry to bother you,

Roderick