Re: Love Tara

Re LOVE TARA Andrew wrote:

>I thought that James would have let us know it was out.  He didn't even
>manage to write a review of it, despite having had a 6-week advance copy.
>Oh well, some people are very busy (myself included).

I was busy all right, busy in the VG with a severe case of infectious
diarrhea... but, I'm baaaaaack!!!

For my capsule review you should check this week's Dalhousie Gazette.
Oh what the hell, I'll post it here as well.

>What was the actual release date?  My brother just bought it last night
>(Friday) and I didn't even know it was out.

October 27.

>I was amazed at how good their 4-track stuff
>came out, but on anything but CD it would be hard to listen to.  8-track
>is a nice balance between muddy atmosphere and muddy sound.

I personally love the 4-track sound when it comes to this band.
But *Love Tara* doesn't suffer for being recorded on 8-track.

>My brother also picked up Network magazine at Sam's when he bought the CD,
>and in there is a nice pic of the band and a short blurb about their new
>release...... "Peter"!  Get With It, Folks!  They've released Songs About
>Chris, Stereo Mountain, and now Love, Tara since then.  Who's ET's PR man,
>anyway?

The rest of Canada is in the middle of discovering the Halifax flap.
*Cod Can't Hear* has just been released nationally -- they played the
Quahogs track off it the other night on Brave New Waves... that's
a release from *last year*...

Anyways, everybody remember to catch the ERIC'S TRIP edition of
EAR TO THE GROUND on everybody's favorite publically subsidized
national TV network tomorrow night...  those of you in Canada,
that is...

James

James R. Covey         <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca>        What syllable are you seeking,
Department of English                             In the distances of sleep?
Dalhousie University  Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5        Speak it.