Flamingo closes

The Flamingo Cafe & Lounge has closed.

Well, I think we all (in Halifax) saw it coming.
After Greg Clark seperated himself from the place
and concentrated on the Double Deuce, it was bound
to come to an end sometime.  It's not just hard
economic times; the Flamingo was not booking the
bands people want to see.

For those of you not familiar with the Halifax
music scene -- the Flamingo was the first real
alternative music bar in Halifax and was the
cornerstone of the college music scene for
seven years.

I, for one, am sorry to see it go.

James

James R. Covey         <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca>        What syllable are you seeking,
Department of English                             In the distances of sleep?
Dalhousie University  Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5        Speak it.