Re: Make some noise!

}Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1993 11:12:39 -0400 (AST)
}From: Scott Schuman <GEN4114\!/HUSKY1.STMARYS.CA>
}Subject: Re: Make some noise!
}
}> } So pull up your virtual chair with us around the glowing cyberfire.
}
}> I love that line!  Well done!
}
}My heart extends (ouch, that hurts!) in warmth and gratitude to you
}and your household in this festive season for your kind words. :)

A little early for Xmas cards (or were you thinking Thanksgiving and
sending the wrong cliched sentiment?)

}> }And if you're not from Halifax, tell us about the bands that make
}> }your heart sing in your hometown.  'Cause who knows where the next
}> }Halifax will be?
}
}> Dartmouth, perhaps?
}
}Don't say that name too lightly... You know not what power it contains!
}BTW...*I* live in Dartmouth - at night.

BTW: So do I!  (Well, Westphal/Cole Harbour, but my address says Dartmouth
despite being outside the city limits)

}Already thinking of starting a band, so you never know.

My brother Adam (ASR\!/ac.dal.ca) is in a band called Mog.  He plays the
triangle.  So far, only one gig, at a high school Talentless Show.  A
cover tune: "Ballad of Jimi Hendrix" by Stormtroopers of Death.  The
guitarist plays the first 8 notes of Purple Haze (and managed to screw it
up!) and the rest of the band, about 10 vocalists, turn towards him and
scream "You're Dead!".  The original version runs 7 seconds.

I have no personal musical abilities or training.  I just like going to
gigs.

Do you know of any cool Dartmouth bands?  The only one I know is
Adrenalin, whom I haven't seen in a while.  The big band from Cole Harbour
is ICU: I didn't like them in high school, and after almost 10 years I
still don't like them.  Oh well, somebody has to play The New Palace!