Re: Sleepless In Halifax

}Date:          Thu, 26 Aug 1993 17:54:10 -0300
}From:          "James R. Covey" <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca>
}Subject:       Sleepless In Halifax
}To:            gen4114+SLOAN\!/HUSKY1.STMARYS.CA

}Has anyone seen the September issue of Harper's BAZAAR?
}It contains a three-page article on the Halifax music scene,
}complete with B&W photos of Sloan, jale, and Thrush Hermit.
}
}The article describes the Double Deuce, confuses Chris
}Murphy with John Chisholm,

I once confused a random person with Chip Sutherland (I believe that's who
I'm talking about), who was at the time a member of "The Guys At The
Library", who performed regularly on the steps of the city library on
Spring Garden Rd., and later became a member of Blackpool and now is with
Brookes Diamond who manage Sloan.  What a convoluted, incestuous music
scene we have.

}(did anyone else know that Sonic
}Youth once did a show in the NSCAD cafeteria?)

Definitely news to me!

}and ends up chatting
}with Thrush Hermit.

Well, I definitely have to pick it up.  BTW, did you find that "John
Boomer" cassette yet, James?  Correction: I goofed on the track list: it's
"Marya" not "Hated It".

--
/KISS/Cooper/Seattle/Metal/MontyPython/DouglasAdams/NASCAR/Oldsmobiles
Andrew P. Rodenhiser,  Graduate Student   RODENHISER\!/CHEM1.CHEM.DAL.CA