"Underwhelmed" if that's a word -- I know it *is*...

It is written:

>Speaking of "Underwhelmed"...  IS it actually a word?  I think it's in the new
>Oxford dictionary.

Yes -  it is in the Concise Oxford Dictionary, 1990 edition.
It's tagged as a "jocular" usage.

>Rumor has it that the popularity of Sloan is the exact reason why they decided
>to extend the English language to accomodate "underwhelmed"...

Well, I'm afraid that the dictionary in question is older than Sloan...

>I'm on the west coast dammit...  and I'm missing all the action...  owell.

Well, we on the east coast are missing Sloan and Hammerbox in Toronto
this weekend.  So we know the feeling...

James

James R. Covey         <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca>        What syllable are you seeking,
Department of English                             In the distances of sleep?
Dalhousie University  Halifax, NS  B3H 3H5        Speak it.