Re: Thrush Hermit birthday gig conversation continues

}Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 17:51:12 -0300
}From: "James R. Covey" <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca>
}Subject: Thrush Hermit birthday gig conversation continues

}They were supposed to be covering the Misfits but I'm not familiar with
}their music so I don't know which song was which.

Hmm... Chris definitely doesn't have a Glenn Danzig vocal style!

}"Planet Earth" was done by Duran Duran but I don't know if it's original
}with them.

That's what I thought, but it's such a cool song that I couldn't convince
myself that Simon Le Bon had sung it, let alone written it.

}>> guitar - Matt from Leonard Conan*  *different band
}
}>Anybody sure who this guitarist was?  He looks vaguely familiar (Well, he
}>looks like he could be Joel Plaskett's big brother?).
}
}Yes!  I'm *sure* that it was Matt Murphy.
}He has definitely played in both LC and Black Pool.

Yes, I think he got two credits on "Hear & Now".  He's a pretty
accomplished guitarist who needs a good band to settle into.

}>And I'm sure that Laura & Ian
}>didn't actually have a thing going recently :)
}
}Well, Laura *used* to go with Chris from Sloan (Matt's brother?).

That's a definite past tense?  I'm sorry to hear that.  Still, I don't
believe that she had a fling with Ian (cradle robber!), I think it was
just a joke.

As to Matt & Chris being the same brand of Murphy, I doubt it.  I've met
about a dozen Murphys in Halifax and have never established a bloodline
between any of them.  It's too common a name.  My friend Andrew Murphy was
once going out with a girl named Suzannah Murphy.  That was exceedingly
confusing :)